The launch of UNODC’s 2011 World Drug Report took place 23 June 2011, 10 a.m. to 12 noon in Conf. Rm 4 (NLB). UN Headquarters, NY
– H.E. Joseph Deiss, President of the 65th General Assembly
– H.E. Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary General
– Yury Fedotov, UNODC Executive Director
– Gil Kerlikowske, Director, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
– Viktor Ivanov, Director, Russian Federal Service for the Control of Narcotics
– Christopher Kennedy Lawford, UNODC Goodwill Ambassador
– Mackenzie Phillips, Actress and Author of High on Arrival
The 2011 World Drug Report is now available as a downloadable pdf.
Many illicit drug markets have reached global dimensions and require control strategies on a comparable scale. In that context, there is a need to better understand these transnational markets and the manner in which they operate. The yearly World Drug Report is a contribution towards that objective. This year’s edition starts with an overview of the illicit drug situation worldwide and regionally, followed by more comprehensive discussions and statistical trends for the key transnational drug markets, namely opium/heroin, coca/cocaine, amphetamine-type stimulants and cannabis.