Please find attached the information relevant for NGOs working on human trafficking, for a consultation of the United Nations Network on Migration with civil society that will take place on 4 April in Geneva from 9:30 – 17:30 at the International Conference Centre. UNODC is a member of the Executive Committee of the UN Migration Network, which is intended to assist Member States’ implementation of the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration. IOM is the Secretariat and Coordinator of the Network, and hence is organising this consultation.
As an Executive Committee member, UNODC would like to encourage the participation of civil society networks that may be interested in taking part in a migration-related consultation. In addition to what is contained in the invitation:
- Participation is on a first come, first-served basis, given space constraints so prompt registration is suggested;
- IOM is exploring options to see whether there is funding available to provide modest travel support to ensure in-person representation from all regions so we will be able to report more information on this soon.
- IOM also hopes to have video/audio-conferencing services to allow for remote participation in the meeting and will confirm shortly.
- An outline of the agenda will also be shared shortly.
- CS organisations may receive this invitation more than once as all Executive Committee members are being asked to disseminate it to their networks.
It would be very helpful if you provide us with feedback about 1) if you find this consultation to be of interest; and 2) whether you are planning to participate.
It would be particularly helpful to receive this information in relation to any organisations with a trafficking in persons or smuggling of migrants interest, as our Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling Section is currently the UNODC focal point for the Network.