PRESS RELEASE #AUTISMAFRICA
11th November, 2016
Conference at the United Nations in New York on Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 from 10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., Conference Room 4, to raise awareness of Autism in Africa. New York – “ Autism In Africa: Life Saving Awareness: While Implementing The United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals And Towards Agenda 2030 .” The Engr. Aja Eze Foundation in collaboration with the Permanent Missions to the United Nations of Zambia, Uganda Malawi, Japan, Israel and Angola will be hosting a panel discussion to highlight the prevalence of autism in Africa.
Aims and Objectives of the panel discussion:
- Raise awareness of the challenges faced by children with autism in Africa.
- To raise awareness about autism in Africa and to improve the lives of people living with autism in Africa .
- To enhance collaboration and cooperation between all members states in order to share experiences and knowledge and raise awareness of autism in Africa .
- Advocate for policies which move children with autism and disabilities from exclusion to inclusion .
- How can we eradicate the adverse discrimination , abuse , bias, stigma and isolation associated with autism in Africa ?
- Is social media the answer to raising awareness of autism in Africa?
- To increase awareness .
- Reduce negative opinions and stigmas.
- To strengthen capacities.
- To help with allocation of financial support to provide proper diagnosis and early intervention treatments to children with autism in Africa .
The high level forum will examine and discuss the prevalence of autism in Africa At some point during the dialogue, the moderator will open the floor to the participants in the audience and on the panel to make brief inputs and to field questions. Expected Results We will look for implementable and sustainable solutions to the lack of information on autism in Africa . It is imperative to raise awareness among health care providers, therapists , parents and the general population, to the signs of autism and to the need to seek and provide services as soon as possible so that children in Africa will be diagnosed as early as possible .
The Conference will take place on the 6th of December 2016 from 10:00 AM.-1:00 PM. at the United Nations in the Conference room 4 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
The Engr. Aja Eze Foundation. Ugoji.firstname.lastname@example.org #AUTISMAFRICA Twitter : @ENG_AJAEZE RSVP: email@example.com Press Contacts: Ugoji Eze 929 -371-0084