Stakeholders: Apply to speak or attend
17 August 2017 – Apply for stakeholder Selection Committee
21 August 2017 – Apply to speak or attend
Please read all information below before applying.
On 27-28 September 2017, the President of the UN General Assembly will convene a two-day High-level Meeting of the General Assembly on the appraisal of the United Nations Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons, in accordance with General Assembly resolution 71/287.
At the request of the Office of the President of the General Assembly (OPGA), the UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS) NY office is facilitating a process to identify stakeholders wishing to speak in either of the two interactive panels and stakeholders wishing to attend this event as observers.
• be authorized officially by their organization or network to speak on behalf of the organization or institution;
• have excellent competency in the field of combating trafficking in persons and related issues outlined in the event description found here;
• have demonstrated ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders;
• be available to be in New York on 27-28 September 2017; and
• have a visa for travel to New York, or be able to obtain one within 2 weeks. (Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in your country. Selected speakers will receive an invitation letter to support a visa application, but will be responsible for obtaining the visa and for any costs associated with obtaining the visa.);
• for a speaking role, be a compelling speaker and can communicate in one of the six UN languages – Arabic, English, French, Chinese (Mandarin), Russian or Spanish.