With the upcoming 2014 Conference of Parties to the Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (CTOC) scheduled for October 6 – 10, 2014 in Vienna, NGOs planning to attend and contribute through side events, are invited to submit their intention prior to the August 15th deadline. As of this moment, the invitational letter for submissions by NGOs is still forthcoming, but applications can already be made as per this link: https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/treaties/CTOC/participation-ngos.html
We will circulate that invitation once received, but int he mean time, your intentions can be submitted here.
Some topics of side-events being planned include:
- Smuggling of male sex-workers
- Who is a smuggler
- Medical tourism and the problem of the organ trade
While the participation of Civil Society in the review mechanisms during the Conference is still in a bit of political limbo, NGOs are encouraged to communicate to your country’s / region’s delegates, your position on civil society participation and the substantive contributions your organization is making.
(For more information about the working groups established for addressing CTOC are here: Working Groups.)
Non-governmental organizations that wish to attend the meetings of the Conference are invited to contact the Civil Society Section, UNODC at the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Relevant UN Meetings in 2014
- Seventh session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime, Vienna, 6 to 10 October 2014
- Eighth session of the Working Group of Government Experts on Technical Assistance, Vienna, 6 to 7 October 2014
- Fifth session of the Working Group on International Cooperation, Vienna, 8 to 9 October 2014
- Second session of the Working Group on Firearms, Vienna, 26 to 28 May 2014
Regular sessions of the Conference
Seventh session, Vienna, 6-10 October 2014, Documents